Biography / Work Health and Safey Resume
- Master of Educational Administration (UNE), 1992
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Syd Uni), 1967
- Diploma in Education (Syd Uni) 1968
- Graduate Certificate in Management (UWS) 1997
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training
- Certificate IV in Workplace Safety
- Life Member NSW Secondary Principal’s Council
- 5 day WHS Consultation Course
- 1 day WHS Consultation Gap Training
- Risk Management for Supervisors and Managers
- Accreditation Number 1125
2005 -2012 WHS Consultant
2007 Acting Principal, Australian Technical College – Central Western NSW
2006 Relieving Principal, Canobolas Rural Technology High School
2004-2005 Principal Support Officer, Western NSW Region
1998-2004 Principal, Molong Central School
2002 Relieving Principal, Canobolas Rural Technology High School, Orange
1989-1997 Principal Education Officer, Training and Development, North West Regional Office of Education,
Experience in Work Health and Safety Training
- Presented 1 day WHS Consultation Gap Training for Livestock Health & Pest Authority, NSW Rural Assistance Authority, NSW Game Council, PJL, Jeff Hort Engineering, Carewest May 2012
- Presented 5 day HSR Training Course June 2012
- Presented the 4 day OHS Consultation Course since its development to support consultation under the OHS Act (2000) and OHS Regulation (2001).
- Recent clients include 2011 NSW Department of Education and Training (6 courses), Livestock Health and Pest Authority, Forests NSW, Industry and Investment NSW, Rural Assistance Authority, Electrolux, CENTROC, TT Logistics, Nestle Purina (2010) Western Institute of TAFE (2009), Ulan Coal Mine (2008/09), NSW Dept of Education and Training (2007-2009), (6 courses) Franklins, Holy Spirit Nursing Home, Dubbo, Moran Nursing Home, Mudgee, Coles /Myer, Westrac, Catholic Education Office (2007), Coles/Myer, Ulan Coal Mine (2005) Franklins (2004), Inergise in Dubbo (incorporating participants from NSW Health Dept.), OCRO in Orange (2003)
- Work site O/WHS assessor for Skillset 2008/12 visiting many employers including bricklayers, building contractors, mine employers and office managers
- Comments from recent course participants (2011) have included:
-The ability of the facilitator to convey the information was exceptional
- You made a potentially boring course exciting and interesting
- I loved the group work, wasn’t all just theory and note taking
- Emphasised the social and psychological aspects of OHS
- The whole course was great. You were made to feel comfortable at all times. Some courses can make
you feel very uncomfortable but this certainly didn’t. I’m glad I was nominated. Great, thanks again.
- Presented for Strata Crete the Risk Management Supervisors and Managers. Participant evaluations
were similar to those listed above.
- Successfully presented Risk Management Awareness Training for TAFE and Orange City Council 2012
- Successfully presented two 1 day courses Monitoring a Safe Workplace for Country Energy 2008
- Employer representative on the Molong Central School OHS Committee 1998-2004. Canobolas Rural Technology High School 2006.
- Developed policy and programs to improve WHS in a range of areas including manual handling, chemical safety, staff welfare and hazard reduction.
- Prepared 2 schools for the visit of WorkCover as part of the SchoolSafe project in 2002 which conducted an audit of OHS practices in 60 government schools across NSW.
Referee: Robin Corban
WHS Senior Project Officer Sydney
Telephone: +61 (2) 9266 8950
6 June 2012
Copyright © 2012 Keys To Success